Warming Up To A Propane Fireplace: 5 Benefits
Did you know that you can enjoy up to double the warmth and comfort of your fireplace without the mess of smoke, soot or ash? You can get that if you upgrade your old wood fireplace to an efficient propane gas fireplace.
Offering a higher efficiency level than other sources of energy, propane gas fireplaces are great for inside or out.
You’ll get double the heat as wood fireplaces but spend about one-third the money. You’ll also enjoy about six times the heating capacity of an electric fireplace. Here’s a bonus: a propane fireplace continues to operate during power outages.
5 reasons to love a propane fireplace:
- One-click convenience. Forget the bother of gathering, chopping or buying wood, not to mention having to spend time on clean-up and maintenance chores. With a propane fireplace in your Iowa home, all you’ll have to do is click “on” and “off” to enjoy a fireside evening at home.
- An attractive centerpiece for your favorite rooms. Today’s propane hearths produce realistic flames and come in a range of attractive styles and finishes, so they’ll make a perfect focal point for your living room or den.
- Safe, reliable operation. With a propane gas fireplace, you’ll have no more embers, unstable log piles, or dangerous creosote buildup in your chimney. Just follow maintenance guidelines—an annual inspection and cleaning are recommended—and your propane hearth will provide safe, reliable heat year after year.
- Save money. A propane fireplace operates much more efficiently than a wood fireplace, so you’ll pay less to stay warm. You’ll also eliminate the need for a chimney cleaning, saving even more money.
- A smaller carbon footprint. Clean-burning propane emits far fewer pollutants and less CO2 emissions than wood – that’s good for your health and good for our planet.
If you don’t have a fireplace yet, reach out to your local propane company or HVAC contractor for advice. If you already have a masonry fireplace but want to enjoy the convenience of propane power, consider adding a propane fireplace insert or gas log set.
Spend less time setting up and cleaning up your fireplace and more time enjoying it. Propane can do that!
Read more about propane fireplaces.